Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Vegetable Man

Something HUGE happened for my family last week.....


We met our first Bravo celebrity!!!

That my friends is chef Rick Bayless, winner of the first season of Top Chef Masters! He has restaurants in Chicago, and I was lucky enough to kick off my sister's wedding weekend with a dinner in Frontera Grill's test kitchen.

The food was delicious.

There are flowers in that dish, and yes I ate them. I learned that most flowers are actually edible. I asked one of the chefs if you could take a bite out of a sunflower sandwich, he didn't see why not.

We got to watch them cook everything!

This part really made me wish I knew how to cook and didn't eat so many Lean Cusines. I sure didn't see a microwave in that kitchen, but maybe I was just too busy stuffing my face.

I'm obnoxious

What was special about meeting this Bravo star, was that it came with a great meal. All I could really say to him was, "This is delicious!" But I have this great feeling that this is not the last Bravo star I am going to meet in my life (and yes, I know that Rick Bayless is so much more than a Bravo star, I'm just obsessed with that channel). Here is my bucket list of Bravo stars I want to meet someday and what I want to say to them:

Patti Stanger: The Millionaire Matchmaker
"Why do I believe absolutely everything you say about how to find 'the one' even though you are single? How do you do that? P.S. You looking amazing for 50. How do you do that?"

Danielle Staub: Real Housewives of New Jersey
"Engaged 19 times?! Really?"


Andy Cohen: Watch What Happens Live (Also, produces most of the shows)
"No one on earth loves their job as much as you do, own it!
"


Bethenny Frankel: Bethenny Ever After
"I want to be you!"

Tim Gunn: Project Runway
"What if I can't make it work???"

The cast of NYC Prep
"You guys want to go out some time? You seem like you know what's up... I want to be you!"

1 comment: