Thursday, August 18, 2011

Green Is the Colour

Okay, so I lied. The big thing that happened to my family last week was not meeting Rick Bayless, (though that was awesome) but was celebrating my oldest sister's wedding!


Her wedding was seriously, the most fun I've had in my entire life. I know, that sounds insane, I mean I went to college, I went to Notre Dame! I once spent 72 hours straight in costume! But this event really took the [wedding] cake.


My overall happiness at events where I don't know everyone in the room is based solely on the amount of  people who tell me I look like Reese Witherspoon.



What do you guys think??

I actually don't really see the resemblance myself, but welcome it whenever someone tells me I look like her! I had plenty of people I hadn't met before the wedding say that I looked like Reese. Now, my first instinct was to tell them that I usually don't look like this (when I got into the make-up chair, I told the girl I was going for an "unnatural look"). But I decided that they didn't need to know that!


It sure beats what my friends used to say I looked like in high school:



Okay, so I lied again (not about my friends saying I looked like Dobby the house elf that's completely true, kind of an inside joke I guess). This weekend wasn't the most fun I ever had because people said I looked like Reese Witherspoon. This weekend was the best because it combined my two favorite pastimes: dancing and seeing the people I love ridiculously happy!


Couldn't be happier for those two!






2 comments:

  1. Congrats to Maggie! Family weddings are the best. You all looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jill! They sure are! I'm lucky we have another one next June!

    ReplyDelete