Monday, August 8, 2011

A New Machine (Part 1)

I decided to dedicate this post to informing readers on what's going on in my life rather than my usual random thoughts and commentaries. A lot is changing in my life, which is great because I love change. I choose to live my life as if it were a reality show, and I see change and conflict as really interesting episodes. People probably think I hate change because I'm always dwelling on things, talking it out, analyzing, and repeating myself. Oh yeah, and I can't forget my constant looking for reassurance that I made the right choice. But really that's just me trying to be like the Queen of Reality herself, Lauren "LC" Conrad. So here's what's new:


This season on The Burbs...


A New Job...

No, I'm not a full-time blogger. I recently started working for a new company. The dress code is untraditional (today I wore shorts!) and my hours are very untraditional. I work Monday through Friday from 12:00 pm-8:00 pm. I love it! It's not for everyone but the hours work really well for me. When I get home from work, all I want to do is eat (brats), drink (beer), and watch TV (Storage Wars). With my new schedule, I only do that for about an hour, while I used to do that for like five hours when I worked 9-5. So far, I've been good about using my mornings to write, read, and run errands. Also, my schedule allows for the opportunity for the occasional weekday bar night that doesn't get cut off early.

A New Home...

I like to tell people that I didn't move home, but that I'm "in between leases." The lease in my apartment ended at the end of July and I'm just hanging out at home in the suburbs until I get all the details set for my next bachelor pad. Obviously living with parents has it's pros and cons. I love saving money, but I definitely feel like I'm missing out on a ton. Of course, I'm going to look on the bright side and I choose to see this as a vacation and I am allowing myself to eat anything my mom is willing to buy or make me.


There's a farm in my town.

A New Family...

Four more days until my oldest sister's wedding! She's the first of my siblings to get married and I can't wait! It will be very strange to not share a last name with her anymore.

Sneak peek.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment