Thursday, November 24, 2011

Heart Beat, Pig Meat

Happy Thanksgiving!!!


I'm actually working today until 2:00 pm. After work  I'm heading straight to the suburbs for some family fun. Some people may think it's strange that I chose to work when I didn't have to, but I'd much rather be here than in the kitchen. I'm not a good cook, and I am really grossed out by the word gizzard.

Even though I'm not a cook. These are a few reasons why I love Thanksgiving:

It makes me feel special because I'm a Mayflower descendant. Can you see the family resemblance?
He was the barrel maker for the Mayflower. Without him, there would be no beer. Awesome!




I can wear moccasins all day and not feel like a bum, but just feel festive and in theme!



This Norman Rockwell Disney spoof that has been in my kitchen for years finally doesn't seem random:
 
  
When my sisters and I were little, we all chose character that represented us. I got stuck with Dopey.     



 I can give thanks for all the amazing people and wonderful things in my life without sounding really cheesy.
My  friends and I were the only ones who showed up to this bar crawl in costumes. It was great!  


Happy Thanksgiving!



1 comment: