Monday, November 14, 2011

Corporal Clegg

My novel for NaNoWriMo is now 17,135 words (about 56 pages) long! I need to get to 50,000 words by the end of the month, so those of you who can do math know that I'm a little behind... But there ain't no way I'm quitting! The experience so far has been a lot more fun than I thought it would be. I thought I would have to put my social life on hold and have to Tivo all the Real Housewives episodes all month. But I'm happy to report that I haven't missed out on good TV, bar trivia, or any other opportunities to drink beer. I think it only helps my novel writing.

Not going to lie, I thought it would be really cool to be all like, "Oh sorry, I can't go out tonight. I have to work on my novel." Hopefully since I'm so behind I'll have an opportunity to throw out that line later on this month. I'm actually behind because last weekend I was in Washington D.C. for the Notre Dame vs. Maryland game.


I didn't get to see too much of my nation's Capital, but my Mom had already dragged me to every tourist site in D.C. when I was younger so I didn't mind. People probably think that as an American Studies major, I would go gaga over this stuff. I do think a lot of it is interesting, but as the results of this political quiz I just took say, I probably consider myself "to be a citizen of Earth first rather than a citizen of [my] country."


Kind of sounds like a no brainer to me. We are the world. Next stop Dublin 2012 for the Navy game!




No comments:

Post a Comment