Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Come in Number 51, Your Time is Up

Guess what? I wrote a novel!


I'm a NaNoWriMo winner! I wrote a 50,000 (mine turned out to be 50,105 words) word novel in one month.

I'm pretty excited that I finished with one day to spare! It was a really fun experience and I definitely plan on doing it again next year.

I think it's funny when people ask me if they can read my novel. Do you really want to read a novel that was written in one month? It's basically illegible, but it was a really good experience for me as an aspiring writer. This month made me realize that my best ideas come to me when I'm not worrying about grammar or editing. I'm most creative with my writing when I'm not thinking about anyone but myself reading it.

So now I'm off to edit my novel...just after I order my winner's t-shirt.

Also, I  hate to admit this, but I just cannot come up with a title for my novel. Which do you think I should choose? I know, it's kind of hard when you don't really know what it's about, but here are the choices...

a. The Platonic Verses
b. A Coupla White Chicks Sitting Around Talking
c. American Studies

I know, they're all so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment