Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Empty Spaces


This weekend wasn't the best. Not only did I have to move out of my apartment, but I moved back into my parents' house that flooded Friday night. Needless to say, it was a big furniture moving weekend. I'm pretty useless in that area, (I'm not exactly a body builder) so I needed a lot of help. I hate asking for help, but there are times when you have to suck it up and ask. I realized that asking someone to help you move is a lot like asking someone to Prom (I went to an all-girls high school so I asked my Prom date). Here's why:

1. If you are single, it's a big reminder that you're single. A boyfriend has to help you move, that's just how it is. Is it bad that if I knew I was moving I would hold off breaking up with someone? I know people did that for Prom.
2. As a girl, it makes you feel inadequate. You feel so reliant on boys. Their willingness to participate will make or break the experience.
3. You know that he doesn't really want to, but will feel guilty if he says no. No one wants to do it. They know you need them to do it, so the good ones will accept your offer with a smile, but secretly wish they never met you.


And move-out day is a lot like Prom night...


1. Right before, you wish that you worked out more. Whether posing for pictures or moving a TV, it would always be more enjoyable if you were in better shape.
2. There's always that one girl who just sits in the corner and doesn't participate. This is always me.
3. You're ready for it to be over. I hate this so much.
4. You're in pain the next day. A hangover is always worse than sore muscles, but time is the only thing that cures both.


I had a very small bedroom.

Our attempt to save our bookcases in my basement (doesn't it look like a modern art sculpture?). My house stinks, no hot water (still), I miss home. 

Thank you to everyone who helped me move!!!

1 comment:

  1. Seeing the pics of our empty nest made me sad ... I miss you our first little place!

    ReplyDelete