Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother

Hope everyone called their moms yesterday! I know I am a day late on the mother's day themed post, but it's never too late to say, I love you, Mom.

This weekend I broke the news to my mom that I've decided to start sharing my thoughts with my friends over the internet. She said she wanted to read my blog too, but made me promise not to give her the address unless I knew for certain that knowing she was reading wouldn't "stifle my creativity." She also gave me free reign to blog about her!

That's just the type of mom I have: an awesome one. She's always allowed me to be an individual and has always encouraged me to be creative. If it weren't for her, I would not blog today. Here a few of the unusual things my mom let me do that made me become the random girl I am today:

She let me choose my clothes before I could even physically dress myself. She kept my clothes on a bottom shelf and I would pick them out myself and give them to her to put on me. All I ever wore were baggy sweatpants and tight t-shirts that showed off my gut. Not even my shoes matched (See picture in my first post).

She let me pretend to be a dog for a few months, and let me eat off the floor. When I was about 4 years old, I pretended to be a dog 24/7. My name was White-Eye and I ate my dinner on the floor. My mom even put dog treats and toys in my stocking that Christmas. The only rule was that  I couldn't lick my sisters.

She let me drop out of pre-school. It just wasn't my thing.

When I was four years old, I didn't want to turn five, but I still wanted a birthday party. So my mom let me turn four years old again, and we just had another fourth birthday party. Why not?

And that was only my life before age 5...

Love you, Mom!

Her holding me 23 years ago today (its my bday btw). I'll never be that tan again...

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha, you DID have an awesome tan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's with the BLACK hair? You sure that your mom's real child wasn't mixed up with you shortly after this pic was taken?

    ReplyDelete