Monday, May 16, 2011

Dogs

I'd like to take a moment to talk about rap music.


In case anyone was wondering, the months I spent pretending that I was a dog (aka thinking that I was a dog) were inspired by the Snoop Dogg video for "What's My Name?" I remember watching this video when I was really young, and my brother convinced me that there were actual humans that had the power to turn into dogs and that Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr was one of those humans. If you are unfamiliar with the video I suggest you check it out:

  

Now, rap and myself haven't had the smoothest relationship. It breaks my heart to admit this now, but there was a time when I was unable to admit that I enjoyed it. Five years of attending all girls school gave me two very important things: a love for arguing equality of the sexes, and a love for shaking my booty. These two loves were in conflict when it came to rap, though it was completely in tandem with one of my loves, rap music tended to clash with the other. Then I turned 21 and was allowed into South Bend's Club Fever on Thursday nights. Love was all I had to give.

Some key points:
  • Is this guy for real?
  • I'm so happy Snoop and Wiz Khalifa exist for each other's sake. Match made in heaven.
  • RIP M-Bone, you taught us well. What a tragic story.

No comments:

Post a Comment